Monday, July 04, 2005

Coming out of retirement

So I'm performing magic publicly for the first time in about 4 years. At the Hilesh Patel Benefit. Essentially, it's a professional performance, just without getting paid. In that time I've not added a single new effect to my repertoire. I've practiced several new items for YEARS, and, of course, bought a number of books, videos and new tricks. I've even tried a couple of them, once or twice, for real people. But whenever I have the opportunity, at work or with friends, to perform, I do the same stuff, the stuff I've done for YEARS. The stuff that is fun, but frankly, on a certain level, bores me to tears. But I don't have anything new that I've worked through completely, that I've done all the work to make ready. I just practice for fun, but not with any intention of performing, for the public, with all the bugs worked out.

However. The time has come.

3 weeks to showtime and I'll be ready.

So when you see me at the benefit, doing my magic thang, be sure to ask for something new.

Help me break the habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home