Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Again? Really?

Something shifted. I'm irritated that people have not updated their blogs today. (I know, the hypocrisy in that last statement should crash my computer) Part of it is that my job is less than riveting, so my attention wanders. But really, I think I'm really starting to appreciate having the opportunity to listen to what goes on in people's heads.

I took a Landmark course once where we talked about how we as human beings access the eternal (could be God, beauty, nature, whatever), and intriguingly, how the eternal accesses us. One thing I got from the conversation was how moved I am by truth. I don't mean Truth, as in the answer (after all, we all know it's 42.) I mean truth as in what's really, truly there for people. In their hearts, unedited.

It's the real I'm talking about.

And blogs are real. At least the 4 that I read are.

Not that talking about the weather and movies is bad. And I don't think I'd want to talk and hear real, 24x7. But the way the world moves and time does it's flying thing and how with all my good intentions, I still watch too much TV and don't talk to people as much as I'd like, I'm grateful that I can still hear the hearts of those I love.

Excuse me, I've gotta go see if y'all updated your blogs yet.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

Wow. I checked your blog today as a joke. Since you blogged yesterday I didnt think it was possible. Afterall, months havent passed. Or maybe they have. I am going to go check on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home