Friday, July 08, 2005

Ah, there it is...

Here's what I just (re)learned. If you find yourself overspending, or even potentially overspending, do an honest, complete budget. And then look at it. Part of the nature of a budget is that it will tell you exactly what you have (which is also what you don't have), what you will have as time goes by and what will be left at any point along the way. If it's done right, there's no mystery.

I miss the mystery.

But, hey, at least my spending has screeched to a halt.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Donaldson said...

What's amazing is what simply writing things down will do to your habits. Money, food, whatever. When I was keeping an honest record of what I was eating, I ate so much better for fear of putting down, "Breakfast: Snickers bar". It's one of the little ideas that made the presentation of Bridget Jone's Diary work for me, but anyway...

Like the new look, BTW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home