Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The smell of yesteryear

I just used a manual pencil sharpener for the first time in a LONG time. Brought back some serious memories. I remembered the importance of technique to insure a fine point (lighten up on the pressure towards the end of the sharpening). And I remembered the SMELL. Wow. I forgot the clear, pungent aroma of a sharpened pencil.

Almost as sweet as reminiscing about buying school supplies at the beginning of the school year.

And yes, behold the technology of where I work.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger messages said...

My man, I need an old school hand crank copier, you know the one...with the blue-ish ink, they used to have em in schools. Then we would be a set.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Greatsandini said...

Mimeograph, my friend, mimeograph. Now them's some sweet smelling chemicals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home