Thursday, March 01, 2007

No fanfare

Not talking about the long time lapse or making any declarations. Just blogging.

Kicked ass yesterday at the office talent show with this crazy, involved, multi-cast member juggling routine. I may post the video here. I realized after the show that when I have a bad performance, I tend to make it mean I don't have talent, rather than owning my talent and just figuring out what didn't work about the set.

On a related note, last week I worked as a craps dealer at a birthday party for 2 hours. Made some cash, but more importantly, I remembered/relearned that I am in fact entertaining and good at what I do. (Just like what I relearned after the juggling performance yesterday.) Everybody had a great time, learned to play craps and I got a number of compliments. In fact, the hostess liked me so much she tipped me quite well. I sell myself short, but I realized I'm actually not an amateur in the world of entertainment. My skills are actually worth paying for. I just have a hard time remembering that sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home