Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Action items

Lunas came up with a fantastic idea, which I'm doing TONIGHT. I'm uninstalling all games from my computer, from my Blackjack Simulator down to the old standbys, Free Cell and Mine Sweeper. Because I know that I will latch on to ANYTHING to distract myself. I plan to extend this to my entire workspace, but I'm starting with the games. I gotta start small or I won't do anything.

Which is the 2nd action item: Each night pick one to several items to work on for at least 15 minutes a pop. Not all magic, necessarily. And 15 minutes may not seem like much, but it's just to start movement. Inertia is a bitch, but as my ol' buddy Goethe said:

"Anything you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

and

"When you move, providence moves with you."

Even if you're just moving 15 minutes at a time.



P.S. Lazlo just pointed out physics backs me up on this one:
"An object in motion tends to stay in motion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home