Thursday, January 12, 2006

Momentum begins

Well, apparently the as yet unnamed 2 year plan (Possibly "Wiz or Get off the pot!" -Swinger) is already working. It started with Caro mentioning putting something together at her gallery.

SIDE NOTE: One of her ideas is to have 52 people dressed as playing cards, running around the lot across the street, then to have a random passerby name a card, and then prove (somehow) I knew the passerby would pick that card/person. (I love the way artists think)

Now the 2 year plan (Possibly "Do or Die!" -Lazlo) has accelerated with a possible gig with the Baha'i. Specifically I may be doing an end of the year (Baha'i year) party in February. What's more is that the person who approached me asked my what I "usually charge for a 40 minute show." I spit out a number somewhere between what the big guys make and zero, but far enough from zero that I was nervous saying it out loud. It was a bit of a bluff. (I was already bluffing in the sense that I didn't dispute her use of the word "ususally" to describe the frequency of my stage performances.)

And she didn't flinch at the price!

Now, she immediately followed by asking if I was negotiable, BUT she thought that my asking price was reasonable.

Now I just have to get my act together.

So to speak...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home